New Warhammer 40k "Know No Fear" & "First Strike" Starters - Available Today 7/15!
New Warhammer 40k Starter Sets - Available Today, 7/15 @ Mishap Games
The Newest release from Games Workshop include two epic Warhammer 40k Starter Kits: Know No Fear, and First Strike.
(Scroll down for the First Strike Starter Set description.)
The Know No Fear Starter Box includes 31 Primaris Space Marines and Death Guard Miniatures (unpainted of course) and is a perfect starter set for anyone getting in to the 40k hobby. This box is ideal for newcomers as it contains 31 beautifully sculpted miniatures, rule books, scenery, a gaming mat, dice, and a ruler. Space Marines are described as "mighty warriors and fearless protectors of humanity, equipped with the greatest weapons and armour the Imperium can provide, the Space Marines are heroes one and all." The Death Guard, on the other hand, "trudge inexorably into battle amidst the drone of endless swarms of flies. Bloated, rotten, and riddled with disease, these revolting traitors are virtually immune to pain."
Included in this Set:
- 1 Primaris Space Marine Captain, resplendent in cloak and iron halo, holding aloft a master-crafted power sword in one hand and wielding a boltstorm gauntlet on the other;
- A 5-man Primaris Space Marine Intercessor Squad – the heart of a Primaris Space Marines army – armed with bolt rifles and bolt pistols;
- One 3-man Primaris Space Marine Inceptor Squad – shock troops who slam into the fight with jump packs screaming – armed with assault bolters;
- One 5-man Primaris Space Marine Hellblaster Squad – the finest marksmen, able to lay low entire armies on their own – armed with plasma incinerators and bolt pistols.
- 1 Death Guard Lord of Contagion , a huge, terrifying Chaos Space Marine covered in spiked, corrupted Terminator armour armed with a plaguereaper.
- 5 Death Guard Plague Marines – 4 armed with boltguns and plague knives, 1 plague champion armed with bolt pistol, plaguesword and power fist;
- 1 Death Guard Foetid Bloat-drone – a huge machine held aloft by rusted turbines – armed with plaguespitters and a plague probe;
- 10 Death Guard Poxwalkers – the rotten, shambling core of the army – armed with improvised weapons (hammers, claws, bayonets and metal pipes are featured.)
Also included in this large box set is a 96-page book featuring an introduction to the Warhammer 40k hobby -- consisting of building, painting, and collecting miniatures. There's also a guide to the state of the Warhammer 40k galaxy: including the Imperium of Man, the forces of Chaos, and the Xenos threat backstories. Further in the book contains background information on the conflict of the Ultramarines and the Death Guard in the Ultramar System (home of the Ultramarines), along with an overview of the Death Guard and Space Marines -- with an additional step-by-step painting guide, a start-playing guide, a set of core-rules, data sheets for each miniature (cards with the rules for each miniature), a 2' x 4' double-sided gaming mat, a scenery piece, six 6-sided dice with a 12" translucent ruler, a decal sheet for the Ultramarines, and finally fifteen 32mm, ten 25mm, one 50mm, and one 60mm round plastic bases for your miniatures to stand on -- with three 45mm plastic flying stems for the Inceptor Squad!
Ultimately, this Starter Set encompasses almost as much content as the more expensive sets (such as Dark Imperium) and is a perfect starting point for any curious player. The Know No Fear Starter Set will be available today, 7/15 @ Mishap Games for $80.00.
(Pictured Above: The Know No Fear Starter Set back featuring the miniature models available in this set.)
The First Strike Starter Set - First Strike is another ideal starter for any newcomer to the hobby, although it is a little smaller but more affordable than Know No Fear. And although it is smaller, it still contains all the essentials needed to begin the journey of this hobby -- including 2 sets of miniatures (15 in total) to battle with, a double-sided gaming mat, a scenery piece, a book of rules, and all the extras you'll need to start playing. This set also contains a set of Ultramarines and Death Guard, which were described above: "Primaris Space Marines are mighty warriors and fearless protectors of humanity, equipped with the greatest weapons and armour the Imperium can provide, the Space Marines are heroes one and all." and the Death Guard which "trudge inexorably into battle amidst the drone of endless swarms of flies. Bloated, rotten, and riddled with disease, these revolting traitors are virtually immune to pain."
Included in this Set:
- 3 Primaris Intercessors – Clad in Mk X power armour, they are each armed with a bolt rifle and carry grenades. 1 model is a Sergeant, who leads the unit – he has a holstered pistol and is easily identified by his bare, unhelmed head;
- 3 Primaris Reivers – Again clad in Mk X power armour, these Space Marines carry heavy bolt pistols and combat blades – they distinguished by the sinister skull motif on their helmets, with the Sergeant featuring a half-skull faceplate.
- 3 Plague Marines – Each festering and bursting out of their armour due to the malign corruption of the Plague God Nurgle. 1 wields a boltgun, 1 is armed with a blight launcher and 1 – the Champion, who leads the unit – has a plasma gun, power fist and plague knife;
- 6 Poxwalkers – These are the cursed victims of the plagues, transformed into living weapons. Each is armed with an improvised close combat weapon, with hammers, chains, planks of wood and metal pipes with nails in represented.
This set additionally includes a 24-page booklet containing the core rules for playing Warhammer 40k, with each phase of the game explained in a clear and easy to follow manner. There's also a 54-page booklet that includes the background, history, and current state of the 40k Universe, with introductions to the Primaris Space Marines, Death Guard, and 9 other armies; It features a step-by-step painting guide for beginners, and explains the different ways to play Warhammer 40k, with training missions that help introduce core concepts to a beginner. This set also includes a 2' x 2' double-sided gaming mat, with one side employing icons of where to put your miniatures as a sort of tutorial for beginner players. Each side of the map is printed in full color, with a detailed design of a ruined Imperial City; also included is a scenery piece, where the inside tray of the box is designed to look like a set of armoured containers -- meaning you can place it on your gaming mat as terrain that the miniatures can battle over. There's also datasheets for your miniatures, which are handy little info cards with information on the weapons and movement of each miniature (which means less flipping through the book and wasting time during a game), six 6 sided dice with a 6" translucent ruler which are both vital for gameplay, a decal sheet for the Ultramarines, featuring the army and troop iconography, and finally, nine 32mm and six 40mm round plastic bases for your miniatures to stand on.
All in all, the First Strike Starter Set is more like a "light version" of the Know No Fear Starter, but still contains the majority of the content necessary for beginners to start playing. The First Strike Starter Set is available @ Mishap Games today, 7/15, for $40.00.
(Pictured Above: The First Strike Starter Set backside featuring the miniatures included in the set.)